[Asterisk-Dev] T.38 pass-through / T.38 support

Justin Newman jnewman at newmantelecom.com
Mon May 30 17:17:55 MST 2005

> Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:44:36 -0500
> From: "Matthew Simpson" <matthew at txlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Dev] T.38 pass-through / T.38 support
>
> >    For outbound faxing, customers who use the T38 ata get put into a
> > special context that routes the calls to the 5300 with some prefix
digits.
> > The prefix digits match a dial peer in the 5300 to indicate fax/t38. The
> > call then goes out to carrier as t38.
> >
> >    For incoming calls to those ATA's, we add that DID into a special
> > routing group in our class 4/5 switch. That switch sends the call to the
> > 5300 (which makes it a t38 SIP call and sends that to asterisk) instead
of
> > sending straight to Asterisk over PRI.
> >

> I see.  That won't work for me because I'm getting FGD originated traffic
> over ISDN PRI in so there's no way for me to know via ANI whether it will
be
> a fax call or not.  If I could listen for the "fax beep" without
signalling
> answer supervision to the PRI and then redirect the call to the
appropriate
> Cisco, that would solve the issue.

You might be able to do this with NVFaxDetect. Tell it not to answer the
line. This won't work over VOIP channels, but may work over your PRI or
analog.

http://www.newmantelecom.com/asterisk/faxdetect/

If it doesn't work, we could probably modify it to make it work.

Justin Newman
Newman Telecom, Inc.