[Asterisk-Dev] karma on mantis?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Mon May 30 10:56:55 MST 2005

hi

what are the basis on which the 'karma' on the mantis is given? My
current karma is currently -2 although I've probably done more good
than bad in there. the latest bug I've been fighting, #4318, has
taken quite some time, debug info posted on mantis etc, but this is
as it seems not very important. What seems to be more important is
fixing one's own bugs (oej gets 4 karma poits for fixing 3113 for
"Finding and Fixing a Trivial Bug" and "markster says: Giving you
this twice since it wasn't your bug (even if it was a brief fix)" and
mentioning disclaimers (as in 3113 "Remembering to mention your
disclaimer when you upload a patch"). It all looks like a face factor
where the "good guys" get "karma" points for whatever they do and the
"not-so-good-guys" get nothing. As with my own first -2 for 3331 that
"only hung the box, needing it to be restarted onsite" if you started
asterisk -cp and disconnected from the terminal... not a major bug by
guidelines, some say, but I don't know.....

why don't you just ditch the whole karma bullshit and let the code
speak for itself?

roy