[Asterisk-Dev] new iax jitterbuffer?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun May 29 07:21:18 MST 2005

> > I'm a little confused after reading the asterisk/doc and iax.conf.sample
> > stuff relative to the new jitterbuffer. One comment suggests the new
> > jitterbuffer code needs to be selected before compiling asterisk, and
> > other comments suggest simply including jitterbuffer=yes is all that
> > is needed.
>
> No; the new jitter buffer is enabled by default in HEAD.  jitterbuffer=yes or
> no turns it on or off at runtime.

Thanks Andrew...

When I do:

phoenix*CLI> iax2 show netstats
                                -------- LOCAL ---------------------  -------- R
EMOTE --------------------
Channel                    RTT  Jit  Del  Lost   %  Drop  OOO  Kpkts  Jit  Del
Lost   %  Drop  OOO  Kpkts
IAX2/teliax at teliax-1        80    0   40     0   0     0    0      1    0   40
   0   0     0    0      0
1 active IAX channel(s)
phoenix*CLI>

it seems I never see any jitter. On this one, I'm using a Cisco 1750
with three classes in a policy map (QoS) and an adsl interface. I would
have guessed that at least some jitter (etc) would be occurring over
this iax/gsm channel.