[Asterisk-Dev] How to determine if caller is still on the line?

andrew.pasetti at easy411.com andrew.pasetti at easy411.com
Sat May 28 09:17:17 MST 2005

Hello,

I have an agi program where, when a caller calls it, the program will
execute a dial command and dial a given number. Two things can then
happen:

1. The caller hangs up
2. The callee hangs up

I would like to continue executing the agi program when the callee hangs
up. No problem, the program just returns from the dial command and
continues to execute.

However, if the caller is no longer on the line after returning from the
dial command, I would like to detect this and simply hang up. I tried
using the DIALSTATUS channel variable, but it returns ANSWER for both
scenarios.

Perhaps someone can suggest where to look to determine if the caller is
still on the line.

Thank you,

Andrew Pasetti