[Asterisk-Dev] why chan_sip:regcontext registers Noop ?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Fri May 27 03:16:17 MST 2005

I notice that chan_sip.c has the option, when given a regcontext
argument in sip.conf, to register an entry in the dialplan of the form

	exten => 3456,1,Noop(3456)

where 3456 is the extension number.
I don't understand how is this supposed to be used. In all examples
I saw, and in most applications i can think of, I would rather
have something like

	exten => 3456,1,Foo(SIP/${EXTEN})

or	exten => 3456,1,Macro(bar,${EXTEN})

where Foo or bar are configurable through some entry in sip.conf,
so that once a user/peer registers successfully it is automatically
added to the dialplan.

Am i missing something ?

	cheers
	luigi