[Asterisk-Dev] compiling new module; conflicting function

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Thu May 26 09:32:08 MST 2005

I'm trying to bring ast-ax-snmp up to date with current CVS. It's a small
patch against chan_zap and pbx, but also has a loadable module component.
That module is compiled against some NET-SNMPD headers/libraries. But
net-snmpd also has module support and they have a function called
"unload_module", just like asterisk does. So I get this error when
compiling:

cc -I../asterisk -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o ast-ax-snmpd.o ast-ax-snmpd.c
In file included from ast-ax-snmpd.c:26:
/usr/include/asterisk/module.h:37: conflicting types for `unload_module'
/usr/include/net-snmp/library/parse.h:212: previous declaration of
`unload_module'
make: *** [ast-ax-snmpd.o] Error 1

Renaming asterisk's function is out of the question, as is renaming snmpd's.
How does one overcome this?

Thanks,
Matthew

Matthew Boehm, IT Director                    Cypress Telecommunications
mboehm at cytelcom.com                   3838 N. Sam Houston Parkway E #400
T: 832-200-8640 x3044                                  Houston, TX 77032

My girlfriend was recently diagnosed with multiple personality disorder;
 When she called yesterday, my CallerID box exploded.