[Asterisk-Dev] IAX2 indepth question..

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Tue May 24 15:09:24 MST 2005

Hi

>From looking at an iax call dump of firefly, I note that they used

   REGREQ, REGAUTH and ACK packets

The REGREQ contains IE stating the username for authentication,
 and a IE stating when to refresh resistration.

The first REGREQ packet has a timestamp of 0,
  src call number of XX   (something other than 0)
  dst call number of 0
  in and out seq no of 0,0

some seconds later, a call is setup.
The New packet has  a different src call number to that used in the REGREQ

Derek.