[Asterisk-Dev] Re: DTMF when transferring calls - not handled well?

Bryan Field-Elliot bryan at nextalarm.com
Mon May 23 08:43:31 MST 2005

Either way -- someone please post some working code! At this point I
strongly suspect (but cannot totally prove) that the rtp.c
ast_rtp_senddigit() function does not work as advertised, for more than
one manufacturer's SIP ATA.

Just eyeballing the code - granted I don't know the RTP specification
very well (or RFC2833) - but why is it sending 6 packets per digit (3
"ON" followed by 3 "OFF")? Does the spec call for redundancy in the
packets, or is this function trying to do some funky future-timing
without actually having to wait?