[Asterisk-Dev] Uncommon callback

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon May 23 08:21:30 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 15:05 -0400, SteveK wrote:
> And you don't really want to tunnel VoIP at all over TCP if
> you can avoid it, because if you drop a couple of packets, you end up
> with a lot of latency.  Same goes for PPP over SSH, for the same
> reason.

Indeed. I keep intending to play with VoIP over ICMP echo packets,
partly because the muppets in my employer's IS department have seen fit
to block all outgoing UDP connections, but ICMP still works.

But some ISPs' routers will actually prioritise ICMP in order to do well
in latency tests, so VoIP over ICMP might actually do better than VoIP
over UDP :)

--
dwmw2