[Asterisk-Dev] SIP over TCP and TLS

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon May 23 01:54:16 MST 2005

Galron, Dror (Dror) wrote:
> Is there any way to configure asterisk SIP channel socket to bind to TCP
> and/or TLS transports?
No.

> Does anyone know (or already made this change) what changes do I need to
> make in order to change the basic, not secured UDP SIP transport to TLS?
Add quite a lot of code. I think the first step is to add TCP support.
I don't think it will be easy, since chan_sip is not fully abstracted to
handle that. The SIP UDP transactions go rather deep into the bits and
bytes. We might end up either re-writing a lot of it (which is needed)
or adding an abstraction layer that receives and keeps TCP sockets open
and sends the messages to and from the rest of chan_sip.

After we have that stable and working fully, look into adding TLS (both
for SIP and for the manager interface).

/O