[Asterisk-Dev] Uncommon callback

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun May 22 08:33:11 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 17:17 +0200, Tamas J wrote:
> What I have to make is:
>
> 1.the call is routed through PSTN to asterisk1 (#1) which has ISDN PRI
> interface(s) - leg1
> 2.#1 doesn't pick up the call, neither rejects, it just place into
> state
> CALL PROGRESS (?) [maybe gives back alerting tone? probably not]
> 3.#1 notifies that there is a call to number B from number A to system
> asterisk2 (#2) - through non-voip protocol [xml-rpc, anything else,
> doesn't matter here]
> 4.#2 dials number B through PSTN - leg2
> 5.#2 dials #1 (on number #1 sent in notification) through SIP - leg3
> 6.#2 interconnects leg2 and leg3 without ISDN CONNECT
> 7.#1 interconnects leg1 and leg2 without ISDN CONNECT
> 8.when B picks up the phone, channels are getting CONNECT message
>
> I know that my explanation can be a bit mess, but I wasn't able to
> write it down better.

Normally you'd have system #1 forward the call to system #2 itself
rather than having system #2 call back to #1. It sounds like you're
trying to work around the fact that system #2 is behind some kind of NAT
or stupid firewalling.

If that's the case, you'd do better just to fix that problem at source
rather than inventing complicated way of working around it. Or if you
really can't fix it, put up a VPN tunnel between the two machines to
bypass the firewalling.

--
dwmw2