[Asterisk-Dev] announcement via alsa

Andreas Bayer angel_azrael at gmx.de
Sun May 22 02:04:57 MST 2005

Hi,

i try to use * for announcement via intercom.

I connect my intercom to the soundcard, make a call to chan_alsa and hear my
voice at the intercom. But i have to press the intercoms ptt button to hear
my sound.

I found out that iaxcomm has a push-to-talk mode where i have to press ctrl to
speak. If i dont press the button iaxcomm mute the outgoing sound.

What i need is a possibility in * to detect that a channel is muted or not to
control the ptt button. Are there any events i could use??

And could i use more then one soundcard with chan_alsa?

thanks