[Asterisk-Dev] cdr*sql

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat May 21 09:14:15 MST 2005

Matthew Simpson wrote:

> Yes.  That's probably going to be my next step.  Right now I have a
> script doing the DELETE's every 15 seconds with a LIMIT 500 to get it
> under control, but I also want to make sure that the cdr_* modules can
> deal with database "issues" without causing a chain reaction of failures.

There is a patch in Mantis that is nearly ready for commit (may go in
this weekend), which allows CDRs to be posted and freed by a background
thread, rather than the call thread(s). This will also help your
problem, since the background thread can easily wait for the table lock
to be released without impacting call traffic.