[Asterisk-Dev] cdr*sql

Matthew Simpson matthew at txlink.net
Fri May 20 13:07:28 MST 2005

Howdy,

I'm using cdr_mysql on around 20 asterisk boxes dumping into one SQL
cluster.  I've noticed that if the SQL server locks the CDR table [when
doing a DELETE query, for instance] or gets busy otherwise from a large
select, that it causes call failures on the Asterisk boxes.  Running
channels get dropped and new channels can't/won't start.

I intend to work on a patch for cdr_mysql to fix this, but I don't know
enough about asterisk internals to understand why it causes so much havoc.
Is there a lock placed on the channel when a CDR is written ?

yours,
matthew