[Asterisk-Dev] iax spec / call realtime rate/price

Goldenear goldenear at free.fr
Fri May 20 03:26:34 MST 2005

>> On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 22:40 +0200, Goldenear wrote:
>>

>>> I would like an iax client to be able to display the price of a
>>> communication in realtime. Could asterisk pass the actual rate/price
>>> information of a call to a softphone (or an other * server) using
>>> IAX2 ? This way, at the end of the call, the iax client will be able
>>> to know exactly how much did the call cost.
>>>

>> -user question, send text

It could be a work around, but sending text is too generic IMHO. I think
more about two new fields in IAX2: one for the current call rate (price
per second) and one (and the most useful in my case) with the total cost
of the current call since the begining of it. ISDN have this kind of
feature, so why not IAX ?

> Did rate_engine don't help on this?

Not really AFAIK. At least, not without modification.