[Asterisk-Dev] chan_bluetooth

Brent Priddy toopriddy at gmail.com
Wed May 18 20:41:45 MST 2005

> You did have the snd_bt_sco kernel module loaded?

yes, I had mentioned it in the previous email "(even though I have the
module loaded)" but did not specify what "the module was" sorry (this
was running on the 2.6.7 kernel... hmmm I seem to remember something
saying you need the >= 2.6.11 kernel for this. that is probably the
problem).. i kind of gave up on it

my main setup of asterisk is running on another box running
2.4.26-gentoo-r6, I was just using the 2.6.7 box for testing btsco
since it needed a 2.6 kernel

anyways...

I modified sco_thread to reset the ringbuffer after it quits, and now
I can hear decent quality audio every time I call... I am calling my
voicemail and pressing keys to test outbound audio and the IVR only
responds on the first call... the outbound audio must be screwed up
after the first call... here are my changes to get the inbound audio
working:

  ast_mutex_lock(&(dev->lock));
  close(dev->sco);
  dev->sco = -1;
  dev->sco_running = -1;
// add
  memset(dev->sco_buf_in, 0, BUFLEN);
  memset(dev->sco_buf_out, 0, BUFLEN);

  dev->sco_pos_in  = 0;
  dev->sco_pos_out = 0;
// end add
  ast_mutex_unlock(&(dev->sco_lock));
  if (dev->owner)
    ast_queue_control(dev->owner, AST_CONTROL_HANGUP);
  ast_mutex_unlock(&(dev->lock));
  ast_log(LOG_DEBUG, "SCO thread stopped\n");
  return NULL;

I am checking this stuff in, I dont have inbound calls totally
working, but at least it is a start