[Asterisk-Dev] Alternative call pickup (SIP only)

Ramon Peek R.Peek at trends.nl
Wed May 18 03:00:54 MST 2005

Through a bounty we have achieved some great little piece of coding that
helped us a lot when picking up somebody else's call.
The great thing about this call pickup feature is that you're able to see
the CLI of the person before actually accepting the call.
Thus you could still decide not to answer the call.

Old bounty info at;
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+bounty+Call+Pickup+with+CID+info.+-+S
IP

We've decided to make the patch publicly available :)
But what is the best way, this way????

With thanks to Marcin Pycko who wrote this patch ;-)

Patch info by Marcin Pycko:

I attached probably the final version of the code. I tested it on 1.0.2 and
1.0.3. It complains about the 'fuzz' when applying to 1.0.3 but still works
properly.

so unpack the patch to eg: /tmp with unzip then go to the root asterisk
source directory and

patch -p0 < /tmp/alternative_sip_pickup-1.0.2.diff
make install

in configs/features.conf.sample you'll find the two options that have to be
defined in /etc/asterisk/features.conf

alternative_pickup = yes      ; Use alternative way to pickup the calls
alternative_pickup_wait = 4   ; Wait that many seconds before bringing the
call to your interface

Now in order for it to work also the groups for the incoming channel have to
match the picking channels(eg: callgroup and pickupgroup) or if the incoming
channel doesn't have calgroup defined the groups don't matter.