[Asterisk-Dev] Need help to get into the code

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Tue May 17 22:51:50 MST 2005

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> [...]
What version of gcc is the (currently free) version based on?

>>>Perhaps you could send us all a link to where we can download the
>>>Linux version of Visual Studio 2005?  I mean, other than the
>>>April Fool's page.
>>>

>>?? Sorry, it only runs on Windows. I'd imagine most serious people
>>would have access to various OSes and platforms when developing.
>>

>Serious people don't use Windows when developing applications for
>Linux.
>

>>Maybe not, my mistake. Personally, I find Windows to be far beyond
>>what any GUI on Linux is offering, and have had little problems
>>integrating things (apart from debugging) so that I can compile and
>>view errors from MSVC++.

Maybe it goes too far beyond any GUI that *programmers* need. I suppose
the Windows media Center is what he will be advising us to buy next.

>Good for you.  Perhaps you'd like to evangelize some more about how
>all of us lost Linux developers ought to be using Windows?

Yeah, I really like things popping up and grabbing the focus when I am
editing code. Can we get more of that into Linux? I don't get enough
syntax errors from my own typos. Also, I'm getting too much throughput
when writing to disk. I'm afraid something will get too hot. I really
wish my workstation needed to have antivirus software running all the
time and scanning everything that goes to disk.