[Asterisk-Dev] Function format

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Tue May 17 18:22:25 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 20:04 -0400, Leif Madsen wrote:
> exten => 100,n.Goto(%IF(%EXISTS(%DB(foo/bar)))?:novalue)
>
> You end up with half the number of closing braces, and is much easier
> visually on the eyes.

Are you completely mad?  Did you swallow too much water at the swimming
pool today?  I liked the previous version much better, even if it has
more braces.  What lousy programming language uses percent signs in
front of functions?

(Don't misinterpret this as trolling... I know Leif well from working
together on the Asterisk Documentation Project and I think he
appreciates my sense of humor.  But this syntax is UGLY!)

-Jared