[Asterisk-Dev] Loss of functionality with depreciation of DBGet/Put?

Leif Madsen - Certified Asterisk Consultant asterisk.leif.madsen at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:37:36 MST 2005

On 5/17/05, Brian West <brian.west at mac.com> wrote:
> > Ergo, deprecating DBGet represents a loss of functionality.
>
> What exactly is lost?  I'm missing it I think.

I think he was just confused as to how the new functionity works -
there is no loss of functionality, only gains in granularity.

To get around the supposed loss of functionlity with the n+101 logic
from DBget():

; * not tested *
exten => 100,1,Set(blah=${DB(foo/bar)})
exten => 100,n,GotoIf(${EXISTS(${DB(foo/bar)})}?:novalue)
exten => 100,n,...
exten => 100,n(novalue),...

This works like the ${DIALSTATUS} method with the Dial() application.

Feel free to correct me or suggest better methods, but you clearly can
control the DBget() n+101 type functionality.

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.leifmadsen.com