[Asterisk-Dev] Manager problems (bug 4053)

Nicolás Gudiño nicolas at house.com.ar
Tue May 17 04:24:26 MST 2005

The patch for bug 4053 submited to CVS makes asterisk manager to work
unreliable.

It breaks MD5 authentication, I'm not sure exactly why. You can
reproduce the problem by telneting to the manager port and issue an
"Action: Challenge\r\nAuthType: MD5\r\n\r\n" as the very first command.

It will sit there forever, without returning the MD5 challenge at all.
If you send and empty string, and get the error response, then send the
challenge action, it will succeed.

It also makes manager responses painfully slow, and for some reason,
some events came up mangled in op_server.pl (the proxy for the asterisk
flash operator panel).

I guess the bug should be reopened and the patch reverted...

Regards,