[Asterisk-Dev] Re: ztdummy accuracy improvements on kernel 2.6

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Mon May 16 10:24:02 MST 2005

It is in fact a design flaw in meetme... We don't have the problem in
our app_confcall.  The issue is related to the enter exit tones and
the admin menu.  The design flaw in meetme causes the delay.  Every
enter/exit tone that is played lags X ms every single time its
played.  Then if you enter the admin menu you lag behind the amount
of time you spend in the admin menu.  This all stems from wanting to
be efficeient.  In our app_confcall we have an extra thread that does
nothing but play sounds and takes care of other misc tasks in the
conf.  Also We actually remove you from the conf when you go into the
menu to do any tasks.

So this is NOT a ztdummy issue because it can happen on any zaptel
card from digium.

/b