[Asterisk-Dev] Need help to get into the code

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon May 16 09:34:54 MST 2005

Bob Goddard wrote:

> Code is always self-explanatory to those who develope it, and therein
> lies the problem.

That's not true at all :-) I document code when I know that it's not
clear what it is doing... just look at the stuff in the linkedlists.h
header files (or the astobj.h header file, which was documented by
mnicholson).

The thing is, the code is written _by_ developers, _for_ developers.
It's not written in a way that a casual reader will be able to just drop
into any given source file and be able to know everything that is
happening there. There will always be a base of knowledge required about
the context of any given function to be able to understand it.