[Asterisk-Dev] Need help to get into the code

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Mon May 16 07:29:17 MST 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 07:09:17AM -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Bob Goddard wrote:
>
> > Then no patches should be accepted without comments, especially
> > where new functions are added. Take a look at func_callerid.c,
> > a new file that has been added without a single comment.
>
> We do not add comments for code that is self-explanatory, they are a
> waste of time and extra maintenance because they have to be kept in sync
> with the code.

i hope that this is strictly for 'self explanatory' code!!!

> Tell me, what code in func_callerid.c needs to be commented?

actually at the very least it would deserve a generic comment
near the top (perhaps there is a template for this ?)

 * this is the standard function template, described in <...>
 * The specific function implemented by this file is described
 * in the "struct ast_custom_function" that you can find below.

so that one knows how to go.

cheers
luigi