[Asterisk-Dev] Re: New h.323 channel driver

George K. Konstantoulakis gkon at inaccessnetworks.com
Thu May 12 03:21:41 MST 2005

Paul Cadach wrote:

>Hello,
>
>George K. Konstantoulakis wrote:
>

>>Though it is true that you can use  OpenH323 without any problem
>>for a number of channels around 100+, there is probably a race
>>condition somewhere. On the same machine (IBM 336 2x3GHZ,  4GB RAM)
>>we can get 200 simultaneous channels with chan_oh323 but when using
>>SIP we get 1400+ (both without transcoding) .
>>

>Do not equate chan_oh323 and OpenH323,

I didn't equate chan_oh323 and OpenH323, I am quite familiar
with their differences since I am actively developing chan_oh323.
I was merely referring to Graig's response that we should locate
the efficiency problem to the "application" layer and not openH323.
Sorry if this wasn't clear enough.

>and don't compare H.323 protocol campain
>with SIP. H.323 requires much more CPU, file descriptors and threads than SIP.

Look at Graig's response about this,  he is more authorized to respond
to this.

>WBR,
>Paul.

Best Regards,