[Asterisk-Dev] Re: New h.323 channel driver

George K. Konstantoulakis gkon at inaccessnetworks.com
Thu May 12 02:26:06 MST 2005

Hello Graig,

Though it is true that you can use  OpenH323 without any problem
for a number of channels around 100+, there is probably a race
condition somewhere. On the same machine (IBM 336 2x3GHZ,  4GB RAM)
we can get 200 simultaneous channels with chan_oh323 but when using
SIP we get 1400+ (both without transcoding) .
The odd thing is that the CPU usage when we have 200 channels is about
50-60%
but the sound deteriorates...
Another odd thing was that when transcoding G729 <--->GSM (heavy !) we
could still
get 190 + channels but then CPU usage was 95% ...
If you want more details on the setup we used feel free to contact me of
the list too...

Cheers,

George.