[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Fax and h323

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed May 11 07:36:44 MST 2005

I can confirm that any faxing over IP is hit and miss unless it uses
T.38, and even then most implementations of that are buggy. Since both
SIP and H.323 use RTP as the audio transport medium, the results should
be precisely the same whichever you use. If not, you probably did
something wrong.

TRANSPORTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SPANDSP.

I hate to shout, but people really do find it hard to get to grips with
that.

Regards,
Steve