[Asterisk-Dev] Re: New h.323 channel driver

Senad J senad at bicom.us
Wed May 11 06:49:47 MST 2005

 > Documentation?
> I think Openh323 much more rich documenations than ooh323c.
> Check
>
> http://www.voxgratia.org/

cool.. now we are getting somewhere... :)

> Even the old unmaintained www.openh323.org
> contains enough information for a beginner to
> study and programming.

You are missing my point...
Documentation, hints etc.. for the usage of H323 in asterisk
not GENERAL knowledge.

>> Wiki has got very litle information...
> Do you mean www.voip-info.org?
> Yeah... voip-info contains few information about Openh323.
> But that just means there are lesser intersections between
> community of Openh323 and voip-info.
>> Googling does not help... there are more mailing list "fights"
>> between OH323 and open_h323 then useful information :)
> Fights between what? I'm confused...
> Openh323 is an H.323 protocol stack, what OH323 means?
> Do you mean ooh323c, another H.323 stack in C by Objective Systems?
> Or chan_oh323, another Asterisk H.323 channel driver by
> inAccessNetwork?

Well.. above you are answering your own question with correct answers...
I wonder why did you ask it in first place?

> Sounds like you don't understand very well what you talked about...

Yes... exactly the point and that is correct..
I have NOT a clue about asterisk H323... and do you know why?

Answer:
Because there is not enough asterisk H323 related docs, hints, examples
etc...

Just compare it to SIP, and you will see HUGE differences :)

Senad