[Asterisk-Dev] Re: New h.323 channel driver

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Wed May 11 06:34:07 MST 2005

> Let me remind all you people, Digium PAID for this newest H.323
> driver to be developed.  For whatever reason is beyond me.  I have
> always had very good luck using reasonable volumes of traffic on my
> H.323 driver when using the proper versions of Open H.323 as
> defined in the README.
> If you don't actually read the documentation, you will not make it
> work.

To have something they knew would work with some sort of
reliability.  The channel driver in CVS and ooh323 both have issues
and do not work for everyone.  If I take your chan_h323 compile and
install it to the letter in the README it will segfault on load.  I
compile and install this new driver which isn't even complete yet and
I can at least make a phone call with it.  I do not mean any
disrespect to you or your code ... this is just one more option that
people will have.

/b