[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

marek cervenka cervajs at fpf.slu.cz
Mon May 9 11:20:11 MST 2005

> If you are looking for more advanced projects using Scons, you do not
> have to search far.  Blender, Ardour, Battlefield 1942, etc were all
> built using this system.  The website has a listing of large projects.
>
> I know that brc_ on IRC has spent time working on making asterisk using
> Scons, perhaps he can chirp in on this, too.
>
> Before you shoot it down, look into it.  I feel that you shall find it
> an admirable choice of an alternative to gnu make that is modern and
> simple, though powerful.
>
> I also find the 'make menuconfig' idea to be interesting.

this is not usefull for automatic packaging
if we want put asterisk to any major distro(=large user base), then we
need easy system for automatic building

another holy quest is get zaptel to vanilla kernel

Marek Cervenka
Centrum Vypocetni Techniky
CVT 		- http://cvt.fpf.slu.cz
FPF SLU OPAVA 	- http://www.fpf.slu.cz