[Asterisk-Dev] new release of chan_misdn !

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon May 9 02:41:09 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 17:22 +0200, Thomas Häger wrote:
> Download it and have fun:
> http://www.beronet.com/download/chan_misdn-beta-0.1.0.tgz

I have this set up as a gateway with two HFC cards, one in TE mode
connected to British Telecom, and one in NT mode connected to a Siemens
Gigaset 3075. I have two major problems with it.

Firstly, there is a lag of up to two seconds on a call routed between
the two cards, with an accompanying echo. This makes conversation
extremely difficult.

Secondly, we are missing incoming calls. Sometimes when an incoming call
is routed via the NT-mode card to the Siemens Gigaset, it does not ring.

Here's two logs; the first shows a successful incoming call, and the
second shows the next incoming call, which didn't actually ring -- it
went straight to voicemail.

http://david.woodhou.se/workingcall.txt
http://david.woodhou.se/failedcall.txt

Port 2 in TE mode is the external-facing port, and Port 1 in NT mode is
the internal-facing port, in the 'intern' group.

I cannot easily reproduce this failure; it seems fairly random. It _may_
happen only after an extended period of idleness, but not repeatedly so
-- the line(s) had been idle for a long time before _each_ of the
above-logged calls.

This is an i686 UP machine with 2.6.10 kernel, Asterisk and Karsten
Keil's mISDN from their respective CVS on about April 9th, mISDNuser
from mISDN_for_PBX4Linux_2005_03_06.

(I didn't use Jolly's mISDN kernel code because it's buggier than
Karsten's. Karsten's gives theoretical warnings about copy_from_user
under a spinlock, while Jolly's gives a BUG() and crashes the machine
when it unlocks a spinlock it doesn't own. Are there _real_ fixes in
Jolly's version which are a little better thought out than that one?)

--
dwmw2