[Asterisk-Dev] Module Debugging; Leak Finding

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Sat May 7 17:19:50 MST 2005

Hey guys,
 I'm currently writing some custom modules for our billing system. The
module deals with a few file open/close/create functions. I'm having to
alloca char * strings every now and then because I'm not sure how much I
will need each time.
 What tools can I use to detect any memory leaks, proper alloca'd memory
releases, etc..?

 It has happened in the past where I've worked on a patch, uploaded it and
someone else (mostly Kevin) has had to completely rewrite parts of it
because I'm a bad coder. He even showed me where in my code it could leak
memory.

 I'd like to try to become a more responsible programmer and try and deal
with things like this on my own. But I don't know the first thing about
memory leak detection etc..

 Any help is appreciated.

-Matthew