[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat May 7 04:10:19 MST 2005

Brian is absolutely right. Hopefully T.38 will be an easy add on for
1.2, but going in a solid stable part of 1.2 is not realistic.

The T.38 spec is very open ended. Implementations vary a lot, and many
vendors implementations simply don't work. It will take a while to
stabilise useful T.38 support for *. I am assuming the first release of
my stuff will leave development somewhere near the beginning, rather
than somewhere near the end. If two T.38 boxes communicate reliably it
is the result of luck, rather than judgement.

Regards,
Steve