[Asterisk-Dev] actually T38 bounty is $5500 not $4500

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri May 6 21:24:24 MST 2005

Matthew Simpson wrote:

>> I'll throw in $250...
>

> Thanks Greg.  That means it is now $5750.
>
> Also, if Matthew Boehm/ Cytel can throw in another $1000 it would be
> nearly $7000.
>
> $6750 divided by $50 [which is a very decent wage] is 135 hours!!! of
> programming time.  Hell, I should probably outsource this to india for
> 5 rupees a day and collect on the bounty myself...

Of course, someone who implemented T.38 for the bounty would be a fool,
since it is rather unlikely that anyone would actually pay up. :-)

An Indian engineer gets more like $1000 a month these days.

If someone can implement T.8 in 135 hours, they would be doing *very*
well. So far I have spent more that that much time than in testing it.

Regards,
Steve