[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri May 6 13:28:26 MST 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 01:42:00PM -0400, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> Jerris, Michael MI wrote:
>
> >Build system (autoconf?) 835, 613 and/or other build system enhancements
> >

> Autoconf is not the answer.   I have a make menuconfig addition I am
> working on.   I have mimicked the basic concept of the Linux kernel's
> menuconfig option.

menuconfig is useful when you have many build-time options and not many
automatic configurations. The only program I  know of that uses a
similar system besids the linux kernel is busybox.

Autoconf can easily handle the amount of build-time configurability
asterisk requires. It also handles the required  tests better than make.

> No idea if this is something for 1.2 or not.  When I get it to a point
> where I like it, I will release it.

That said, if  you have something working, and it works well, I  won't
mind :-)

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com