[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Fri May 6 10:47:31 MST 2005

Hello,

Matthew Boehm wrote:
> >> 2) configurable PRI functionality (facilities, IEs per
> >> individual connections, not per switch type) - no ticket
> >> available but -dev list have reports;
> >
> > Are you offering to do this patch?  If so, please create a bug.
>
> There's this:
>
>     http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4068
>
> and this:
>
>     http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=3450
>
> 3450 is nice. Allows me to take down a single channel from asterisk CLI.

I like this too but it is supported for some North-American signallings. No EuroISDN support to shutdown individual
channels. Currently, Cisco just rejects calls over shutdown channels with cause like "Channel/Resourse isn't available"
(I don't remember exactly) and Asterisk just drop a call without trying to select another channel.

By my request I mean latest features added to libpri/zaptel (especially working through FACILITY IE) should be
configurable individually, per span, not per switch/signalling type.

WBR,
Paul.