[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Fri May 6 10:03:24 MST 2005

ARA is a HUGE deal with 1.2. I've helped (bugged?) Kevin get alot of the sip
realtime stuff tweaked, but I've read on -users that the IAX ARA isn't up to
spec.

Also, I think bkw confirmed that ARA doesn't work when Phone A registers on
Server A and B on B and A makes a call to B; server A should be aware
of/know how to reach phone B because of ARA.

I think there was another problem with ARA where if you have a phone/UA that
registers from same IP, that port information is not taken into account and
1 peer may get info for peer 2.

-Matthew