[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

Jerris, Michael MI mjerris at ofllc.com
Fri May 6 06:34:58 MST 2005

> Paul Cadach
> Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 1:35 AM
> I would like to see in 1.2:

> 2) configurable PRI functionality (facilities, IEs per
> individual connections, not per switch type) - no ticket
> available but -dev list have reports;

Are you offering to do this patch?  If so, please create a bug.

> 3) loadable language syntax modules (with russian support) -
> #3832 (russian support is pending);

I think the format for loadable language modules really needs to get
solidified before we comit to one as once we release, we are stuck with
it to some extent.  It would be great to get in a format, that would
allow either loadable modules or config files to specify a language
setup.  This will need a considerable push from the community if it is
going to get solidified.

> 4) event-based MWI - #2980;

This is potentially a VERY major change, how important is this for 1.2?

> 5) T.38 support;

Is anyones work on this heading for the asterisk tree anytime soon,
again, the community will drive this, not 1.2.  I hope it can happen,
but don't think it can hold up 1.2.

> 6) unloading modules on shutdown (should help chan_h323 to
> unregister from Gatekeeper on Asterisk's shutdown) -
> discussed long time ago in #asterisk-dev;

Patch please??

> 7) internal timing for indications and moh without zaptel hardware.

If somone could take some of the cross platform work done with zaptel
and ztdummy and make something that is all in one package for multiple
platforms, that could be interesting.  I am not sure if it would be
accepted into the tree.  I am not clear on what the benefit is of having
it within asterisk other than ease of build for people not using
hardware.