[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

Jerris, Michael MI mjerris at ofllc.com
Thu May 5 14:54:38 MST 2005

On the dev call today, the eventual release of 1.2 was discussed.  We
need to set a date for this, and we need to address what things we would
like completed before this release.  This is a quick list of both the
features that were complied from the dev call that we would like to see
in before the feature freeze, and the higher priority bugs currently on
the bugtracker that should definately be resolved before the next
release.  We need feedback as to additions\subtractions to this list, as
well as some focus and attention to the list of high priority bugs
bellow.  We definately need to solidify a list of the apps to be
converted to fuctions and get volunteers to do this work.

Features:
Apps==>Functions. we need bugs for these, we need a list of those to be
converted.
IAX2 rename to IAX, with alias and warning, need a bug on this
CLI, change IAX2 stuff to IAX, add hidden alias for that too for
functions that were in stable., need a bug on this
Channel object model stuff, we need volunteers for this, need a bug on
this
JB and IAX timestamp stuff, 4167, 4163, 3965 stevek and grolloj are
working on these
Stack apps, 2720
IAX Encryption, we may not be mallocing enough here because the encryted
frame is bigger than the regular frame, need a bug on this
Build system (autoconf?) 835, 613 and/or other build system enhancements
4116
apps as features 3764

CRASH bugs:
4140 query loop and asterisk crash with realtime iax
3748 Asterisk randomly crashs
3407 Crash on an unknown situation related to caller-id

Major Bugs:
4164 g.729 codec one way audio in chan_h323 with Cisco CCM
3007 IAX2 to IAX2 huge delays
4141 outbound calls fail after 05/01 cvs
3974 SIP RTP redirect problem after MoH

block bugs
4053 deadlocks when manager connection dies without sending disconnect
3861 Agent & queue locks if using local channels