[Asterisk-Dev] my_zt_write: Write returned -1 after a CVS update

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed May 4 12:38:29 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
>
>> The hardware did not change (P4 MicroStar 865PE Neo2-V) and MSI
>> mainboards aside, what changed in *ASTERISK* to make this break?
>
> As has already been documented on IRC, a change was committed to
> chan_zap to make these messages appear at a level lower than 'debug'.
> (bug #4107)
>
> The purpose of this was to make people actually aware that the Zaptel
> drivers were not accepting data they should be; if this is happening
> on your system, then it seems to be reasonable that we need to find
> out why that is happening, since the drivers should always be able to
> accept data from chan_zap.

Allow me to raise my hand and say "I am recieving this error" too.

However, I was not recieving this error until I changed my zaptel.conf from:

span => 1,0,0,b8zs,esf

span => 1,1,0,b8zs,esf

Before, when timing was set to 0, no errors but bad faxes using spandsp.
Faxes would recieve fine but would be 8.5 x 10 in some cases.

Changed to timing 1 and now faxes are perfect, but I get the error. I don't
get the error that often. But I get it nonetheless..

-Matthew