[Asterisk-Dev] Manager proposal

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed May 4 10:51:07 MST 2005

Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> Sine PCstatus had so many more options than other Status: headers
> I would prefer creating a new one. I think having one header with tons
> of different usages and options for different events is confusing.

I think I'd disagree; that header is not going to be parsed
independently of the event name it is attached to; the 'context' would
tell you what value are expected/allowed there.

If each event is going to have its own 'status' header, with different
values, then I don't see much difference between that and using
different events with no 'status' header at all.