[Asterisk-Dev] PRI/Zap

Tais M. Hansen tmh at comx.dk
Wed May 4 02:12:43 MST 2005

Hi.

I've configured 4 spans into one group. When dialing via PRI I send the call
to this group.

Sometimes it happens that my provider rejects the call with a cause 44. That
apparently means that the requested channel is unavailable. If I retry the
call, Asterisk will chose the same channel again, giving me the same error.

Is there any way I can make Asterisk/ZAP retry a different channel, if that
error occurs?

Also, my provider told me that we were always using "explicit" when choosing
channels, instead of "preferred", which they recommend. I haven't looked into
that yet, so I can only guess what it means. I have a feeling it's closely
related.

--
Regards,
Tais M. Hansen