[Asterisk-Dev] Benchmark numbers....

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue May 3 12:57:38 MST 2005

John Todd wrote:

> registration issues, get the concurrent call volume up in the ~20,000
> range on a single chassis (excluding media), and get calls-per-second in
> the ~300 range, then I think my concerns are solved... but we've got a
> ways to go.  ;-)

Speaking of that... the change to ast_copy_string() (and more like them
that are on the way) are really targeted at increasing Asterisk's BHCA
numbers, as opposed to simultaneous call handling. It'd be really cool
if someone could build a test platform for testing BHCA performance for
SIP-to-SIP, SIP-to-IAX2, SIP-to-Zap, etc. Granted, the dialplan
complexity has some bearing on the performance, but just publishing
numbers based on a simple dialplan would be valuable.