[Asterisk-Dev] List of tags/branches for CVS checkouts

Johnathan Corgan jcorgan at aeinet.com
Tue May 3 11:38:43 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> The stable development branch is 'v1-0'. The HEAD development branch is
> 'HEAD'. There are no other active branches. You can check out specific
> stable releases using their version number tags, but it would be easier
> to just download the tarballs.

Thanks Kevin (and Russel.)  I've been using 1.0.7 as packaged by the
Debian maintainers, which has some patches applied.

My goal is to checkout the stable branch, apply the Debian patches
locally, then maintain/merge updates as they happen in the repository
along the stable branch.  That way I can always locally build Debian
installation packages as asterisk stable gets updated.

One more question--does the stable branch get smaller changes checked-in
periodically in between the dot releases, or does the stable CVS branch
only get an update once per dot release?

-Johnathan