[Asterisk-Dev] List of tags/branches for CVS checkouts

Johnathan Corgan jcorgan at aeinet.com
Tue May 3 08:21:47 MST 2005

Is there documented somewhere a list of the various branches/tags in the
CVS repository?  I see references to CVS-HEAD, CVS-STABLE, etc. in
emails and I'm not sure what they are referring to.

Having checked-out the head branch, I can do cvs log on asterisk.c and
get a list of symbolic names:

head: 1.151

v1-0-7: 1.125.2.5
v1-0-6: 1.125.2.5
v1-0-5: 1.125.2.5
v1-0-4: 1.125.2.5
v1-0-2: 1.125
v1-0: 1.125.0.2
v1-0-1: 1.125
v1-0-0: 1.124
v-1_0_RC2: 1.115
v1_0_rc_1: 1.104
v0_9_0: 1.51.2.10
v1-0_stable: 1.51.0.2
v1-0_base: 1.51
v0-7-2: 1.51
v0-7-1: 1.48
v_0_7_0: 1.48
v0-5-0: 1.35
v0-4-0: 1.17
v0-3-0: 1.12
v0-2-0: 1.11
v0-1-12: 1.10
v0-1-11: 1.9
v0-1-10: 1.9
v0-1-9: 1.8
v0-1-8: 1.7
v0-1-7: 1.6
v0-1-6: 1.5
v0-1-5: 1.5
v0-1-4: 1.5
v0-1-3: 1.4
v0-1-2: 1.3
v0-1-1: 1.2
v0-1-0: 1.1

I'm *not* an experienced cvs user (though I know the basics) and am not
really up on cvs branching/tagging mechanism (I use subversion.)  The
above symbolic names I assume are tags but I don't see the associated
branch structure.

If I wanted to track the stable tree, and get the repository updates
that go along with the 1.06, 1.07, ... sequence, what would I check out
and periodically update?

Are there other, specialized branches in the repository that might be
interesting to track (besides the head and the stable ones?)

-Johnathan