[Asterisk-Dev] Multi asterisk installation

Marcin Pietrzyk buscin at interia.pl
Tue May 3 07:30:07 MST 2005

Andy napisał(a):

>On 03/05/2005 at 13:18 Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>

>>Just give each Asterisk instance its own directory.
>>
>>If you want to run it as non-root, you'd probably want to create the pid
>>file and the socket in a separate subdirectory under /var/run .
>>
>>Here is asterisk.conf from debian:
>>
>> [global]
>>	astetcdir => /etc/asterisk
>>	astmoddir => /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
>>	astvarlibdir => /var/lib/asterisk
>>	; in debian software lives under /usr
>>	astagidir => /usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin
>>	astspooldir => /var/spool/asterisk
>>	astrundir => /var/run/asterisk
>>	astlogdir => /var/log/asterisk
>>
>>Replace each /asterisk$ in that file with a custom directory for your
>>instance, owned by the user of that instance.
>>

>Yup this is a better solution... serves me right for poking my head out of
>my coding for 10 minutes...

Ok. right i will test this solution, and report is it working. Have
anyone tried this ? Or tried to :-)

But still even if its working this solution leads to having 2
instalation of asterisk in different directories, any ideas of running
two times the same asterisk with two different configs ?

Martin