[Asterisk-Dev] Fedora 3 - make file issue (-lidn)?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue May 3 05:34:08 MST 2005

> On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 04:16:21PM -0500, Brian West wrote:
> > Why?  Its a libcurl dependancy ... Not an asterisk one.   Should be
> > now list the ENTIRE dependancy tree ?
>
> Doesn't fedora have a curl-devel package (with all the proper
> dependencies)?
>
> Why should you install a separate copy on your system?

Maybe I'm missing the point here, but looking at:
 http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=download
it says:

Things you will want to install Asterisk and/or Zaptel:
ncurses, and associated -devel
openssl, and associated -devel
zlib, and associated -devel
bison, and associated -devel
Linux 2.4 kernel sources

However, when attempting to compile on a fedora 3 box with software
development installed, asterisk will not compile unless the
libidn-devel package is installed. Its the only exception that
I've found (asterisk is running fine on it now). Therefore the
list of dependencies really needs to be updated to avoid future
multiple postings relative to requirements.

Am I missing something here?

Rich