[Asterisk-Dev] End of * compile msg?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun May 1 16:07:12 MST 2005

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> You should be able to do:
> 	# make clean update install
> with an optional "all" in there before the install, because make
> (including most variants) can take multiple targets on the command
> line.

That's true as well, if you are running the whole operation as 'root'
(which I don't do). The value of this (as Rich as found out) is
occasionally people will make changes to the Makefile that assume that
'make all' has been run before 'install', and unless the documentation
mandates that, it's an error. Those of us that always run 'make all' out
of habit will never see these bugs :-)