[Asterisk-Dev] [Announce] New chan_sccp release adds support for Cisco 7970

Julien Goodwin asterisk-lists at studio442.com.au
Sun May 1 02:27:51 MST 2005

A new chan_sccp release has just been uploaded which adds support for
the cisco 7970 (min version 6 firmware).

There is one currently known issue with the 7970 support, MWI doesn't
work, and only basic call functions have been tested.

I'd like to publicly thank three people who've helped a lot to get this
release out:
* Jared Mauch for an initial patch
* Adam Megacz for a hardware donation of a 7970 to test on
* Flexion for supplying some ethereal dumps of a 7970 registering to a
callmanager

The next aim for chan_sccp is to support the subscribe/notify features
in asterisk to give BLF type functionality to the 7970 and 7960+7914.

This release has been tested on all the phones I own:
* Cisco 12SP+
* Cisco 30VIP
* Cisco 7905
* Cisco 7940
* Cisco 7970

If I don't have one I can't test it. I'm especially looking for:
* Cisco 7910
* Cisco 7920
* Cisco 7935/36
* And any non-cisco sccp phones (the Kirk IP600 looks very intresting
and if there are any Australian resellers of this here give me a call)

Please see the chan_sccp donations page if you're able to help (Note
that I'm in Australia for those considering hardware donations, but am
willing to pay shipping).
http://chan-sccp.sourceforge.net/donation.html

Thanks,
Julien Goodwin