[Asterisk-Dev] ast_callerid_parse destroying the cid info

Matt Gibson gibson at experthost.com
Thu Mar 31 19:42:56 MST 2005

Hi,

I've been trying to add an option to voicemail to work essentially
exactly the same as saycid=yes in voicemail.conf, except I have called
it saycnam=yes.

Basically what this does, is use ast_say_character_str() and 'say' the
caller name, right after saying the caller number.

The problem that I am having is like this. When ast_callerid_parse is
run on the callerid, it functions as expected, but if you try to use the
same callerid elsewhere, it has been destroyed and cannot be used. Is
there a way to put the variables into memory so it does not need to be
reparsed, but is just available at all times?

Thanks,
Matt